$20,000 Hiring Bonus Available
STENSHOEL-HOUSKE FUNERAL & CREMATION SERVICE
As a funeral director, you have the unique opportunity to guide individuals and families through one of the most difficult experiences in their lives.
Our funeral directors quickly adapt to the needs of individual families by presenting personalized, meaningful, and creative ideas to help honor and celebrate each life lived. They exemplify the genuine compassion and dedication essential for providing exceptional service to those experiencing the loss of a loved one.
We also believe that a growth mindset is essential for reaching our collective goals as a progressive organization. In order to uphold our high standards of care, we offer access to excellent mentoring and professional development opportunities.
If you believe that funeral service is truly a calling and not merely a career, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your cover letter and complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and care for the deceased in a respectful manner that adheres to regulatory requirements.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to preparation of the deceased: removal and transfer, embalming, cosmetology, hairstyling, dressing, and casketing.
- Arrange and conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized, and caring manner in keeping with company policies and procedures.
- Carry out a variety of tasks related to coordinating a funeral service and visitation including managing the delivery and removal of flowers, caskets, urns, photos, and other personal memorabilia.
- Assist at the cemetery and participate as needed in church services.
- Perform office duties and reporting.
- Accurately prepare all documents related to funeral services, cremations, and maintenance.
- Provide timely delivery of documents, cards, memorabilia, etc. to the family following the service.
- Assist the family with insurance assignments, paperwork and other related follow-up tasks as needed.
- Share potential preneed referrals with the preplanning specialist.
- Manage merchandise inventory and funeral home supplies.
- Build a strong relationship with the community through active involvement in area organizations and participation in charitable events.
- Utilize engaging local and digital marketing methods for promotion and education purposes.
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Assist with maintenance of the facility, property, and vehicles.
- Ensure adherence to all professional, state and federal licensing authority, regulations, and rules applicable to funeral service.
- Maintain a good driving record in order to drive funeral vehicles for services, floral delivery, supply pick-up, participation in special functions, and various other duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Degree from Accredited Mortuary Science Program plus additional college credits as required in the applicable state
- Successful completion of the National Board Examination
- Successful completion of the applicable State Board Examination
- Valid Funeral Director and/or Embalmer State Licensure
- Valid Driver’s License
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong dedication to serve the needs of others
- Accountability for serving families in a professional, compassionate, patient, and timely manner
- Proven experience in establishing strong personal and business relationships with customers and partners in the community
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in one-on-one and large group settings
- Experience as a contributing team member, where individuals work together and share equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes
- Extensive knowledge of industry, products, and services
- Solid organizational and reporting skills
- Above-average technology skills
- Use of programs such as Word, Publisher and Excel
- Use of LinkedIn, Facebook and/or Instagram