Upper Midwest – Hybrid Role
As Regional Director, your primary focus will be leading multi-site funeral operations to ensure efficiency, employee retention, compliance, and customer satisfaction. You would support the Vertin Business System and be responsible for a variety of supervisory duties.
In addition to providing leadership at the location level, you will also collaborate with top management colleagues to achieve overarching business goals. To be successful in this role, you would demonstrate leadership, coaching, and decision-making skills, effective communication, and a drive for results, while playing a key role in helping our organization build an optimal and engaged culture.
If you are interested in this senior leadership position with Vertin, please email your cover letter and complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Funeral service experience preferred but not a requirement for this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy and Reporting
- Oversee and continuously improve day-to-day operations of funeral and cemetery (where applicable) operations and optimize customer value.
- Ensure staff buy-in on implementation of strategic objectives and initiatives that support Vertin’s mission, vision, and values.
- Manage employee performance using established metrics and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring timely feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Hold staff accountable for metrics, performance goals, reporting, and budgets.
Management Process and Staff Leadership
- Implement the Vertin Business System to meet or exceed financial goals.
- Ensure engagement, satisfaction, and alignment of employees to effectively meet strategic objectives and initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels at all locations in region.
- Implement and ensure staff buy-in of management processes and make suggestions on management process as business needs evolve.
- Demonstrate a thorough grasp of the Vertin Business System and all management processes and be able to train others.
- Communicate and present information to influence behavior, stimulate innovation, promote best practices, and drive organizational change.
- Facilitate training and continuing education for organization.
- Analyze complex issues and lead individuals and groups in effectively developing and implementing successful resolution tactics.
Grow Market Share
- Ensure continuous improvement of customer satisfaction and positive benefit to local families through programs and services.
- Identify marketable opportunities, e.g., differentiated service experiences, personal staff highlights, upcoming community events, aftercare programs, testimonials, etc.
- Participate in inbound mergers and acquisitions.
Business Planning and Financial Management
- Meet or exceed established operational budget.
- Appraise regions operating results in terms of costs, budget, management processes, trends and increased profit opportunities.
- Analyze revenue and profit opportunities for the region and recommend actions.
- Collaborate effectively with Information Technology, Finance, Administration, and Marketing to achieve goals, strategic objectives, and initiatives.
- Review expense request and approve as authorized under company policy.
- Conduct quarterly physical asset review.
Compliance Oversight, Site Inspection and Health and Safety
- Adhere to and enforce all Vertin policies, procedures, guidelines, and compliance standards.
- Ensure adherence to licensing and compliance regulations and safety protocols.
- Conduct semi-annual site inspections and audits in region to include equipment safety, cremation protocol, physical asset projects, usage of forms/procedures, and employee knowledge of appropriate PPE.
- Directly lead, supervise, train, and develop Market Directors, General Managers, and Location Managers.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clarified.
- Maintain systems to measure and evaluate direct reports against established metrics.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Vertin policies and management processes, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, reward and recognition, performance management, and termination.
- Ensure compliance in all areas for the benefit of employee health and safety.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university, plus five or more years related experience and/or training within a professional setting, where direct oversight/management of others was required in achieving common company goals. Licensure as a Mortician and/or Funeral Director is not a requirement for this position.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Proven leadership, coaching, and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated and can focus on the minutiae without losing sight of the big picture.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent strategic planning and implementation skills.
- Strong understanding of financial management, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.