REMOTE, BRECKENRIDGE, MN or EDINA, MN
We are searching for a Senior Accountant who is especially skilled at spotting trends, assessing risk, and anticipating needs. This position works closely with the Controller to continue to develop accounting policies and procedures that ensure accurate, timely, reliable financial information can be deployed throughout the organization.
To be successful in this role, you would possess a strong understanding of good internal control structure, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) including revenue recognition standards, and full cycle accounting.
If you’re excited about this outstanding opportunity with our growing organization, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Controller to maintain the general ledger and chart of account structure
- Assist in the improvement and enhancement of monthly close processes
- Assist in the development and enhancement of internal controls and department procedures
- Ensure all procedures are documented and standardized
- Review general ledger accounts and prepare monthly general ledger journal entries, adjusting entries and reversing entries and accruals
- Prepare miscellaneous cash transactions as necessary
- Reconcile the bank statement
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws including sales and use tax
- File monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and use tax
- Prepare fixed asset and depreciation entries
- Maintain the fixed asset system
- Prepare reconciliations and support for all balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile the subsidiary ledger to the general ledger as part of the month end close process
- Review the trial balance and monthly trends as part of the monthly review process
- Prepare in period adjusting entries as necessary
- Prepare monthly variance comments based upon financial result
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with at least four years of experience is required. CPA is a plus. Experience with complex legal entity structures, consolidations and eliminations required. Advanced Excel skills are required. Corporate tax experience is a plus. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks, timelines, and projects
- Strong and precise attention to detail, and the ability to identify trends in data
- Aptitude for numbers
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis in financial/accounting systems and Microsoft Office suite
- Anticipate the needs of others to provide a positive proactive experience