BRECKENRIDGE, MN or EDINA, MN
As a Staff Accountant, you would work independently as well as alongside a motivated team to provide key financial support to our growing organization. A successful candidate for this role must be familiar with full cycle accounting, a strong internal control structure, and all of the processes and documents necessary to produce financial statements for a reporting cycle.
We’re looking for someone who is self-directed, able to seamlessly multitask, and positively impacts those around them. Intermediate Excel skills are required, and experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus.
If you’re interested in bringing your talents to our Accounting team, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review general ledger accounts and prepare monthly general ledger journal entries, adjusting entries and reversing entries and accruals
- Prepare miscellaneous cash transactions as necessary
- Reconcile the bank statement
- Ensure the accurate recording of sales and cost of sales in the point-of-sale system and reconcile to the ERP system
- Prepare fixed asset and depreciation entries
- Maintain the fixed asset system
- Prepare reconciliations and support for all balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile the subsidiary ledger to the general ledger as part of the month end close process
- Review the trial balance and monthly trends as part of the monthly review process
- Prepare in period, adjusting entries as necessary
- Prepare monthly variance comments based upon financial results
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus.
Intermediate Excel skills are required.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks, timelines, and projects
- Strong and precise attention to detail, and the ability to identify trends in data
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to anticipate the needs of others to provide a positive proactive experience
- Data entry skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis in financial/accounting systems and Microsoft Office suite