Join Vertin’s leadership team as the Talent Acquisition Manager. This role will design and ensure implementation of high-quality, end-to-end talent acquisition practices and processes to meet all staffing needs across the company. In order to help our organization attract top professionals in a competitive field, networking and outreach are important components of this role, as is coaching hiring managers about recruiting best practices.
This position requires a go-getter who is great with people and highly motivated to play a key role in representing the Vertin brand and supporting our growing company.
The Talent Acquisition Manager is part of our leadership team at Vertin. This role will design and ensure implementation of high-quality, end-to-end talent acquisition practices and processes to meet all staffing needs across the company. We’re looking for the right individual to build and enhance strong relationships with industry partners to highlight Vertin as the employer of choice.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will also consult and mentor hiring managers on overarching talent acquisition approach that provides value to Vertin and proactively identifies future staffing needs, which requires a full and dynamic understanding of all segments of the business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with HR Manager, VP of Administration, and leadership to develop and deploy the Talent Acquisition strategy, program, processes, and multi-year roadmap
- Develop metrics and monitor effectiveness of talent acquisition program and processes
- Serve as the point of contact for hiring managers on High School Outreach program
- Serve as the point of contact for industry networking coaching and assisting associates with social media
- Maintain database of qualified funeral directors in our markets and cultivate relationships prior to open positions.
- In partnership with operations, build and maintain a pipeline and database of talent, representing Vertin at networking events and building Vertin’s LinkedIn and social media networks
- Serve as the point of contact for all partner colleges and universities
- Manage all associates on the Tuition Assistance program (in pursuit of a funeral director career)
- Set strategy and plan for attendance at appropriate local/state/national industry events, job fairs, etc.
- Coordinate all Vertin college activities with Operations leadership and maintain annual calendar of events
- Maintain up-to-date talent acquisition materials in partnership with Marketing
- Develop and implement the recruiting process
- Coordinate and maintain all internal and external advertising personally or with Marketing
- Assist hiring managers with review of resumes, phone screening, and scheduling
- Provide active hiring managers with weekly status updates
- Provide ongoing and up-to-date communication with hiring managers
- Assist hiring managers with job requisitions, interviewing, and the hiring process
- Communicate with all applicants on a timely basis and throughout the process
- Coach hiring managers on developing interview agendas, providing a welcoming environment, etc.
- Serve as the point of contact for all new full-time new hires, ensuring all paperwork and data entry is complete, new hire’s questions are answered, and onboarding plan received
- Mentor hiring managers to ensure a great onboarding experience
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, and new technologies in talent acquisition/recruiting
- Partner with HR Manager to ensure HR policies and procedures are followed and regulatory requirements are met
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
A minimum of five years of talent acquisition and recruiting experience. Previous experience sourcing and building a talent pipeline. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Represent Vertin with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Excellent organizational skills, multitasking skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability and desire to follow up with others to help them be organized and stay on track
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Strong customer/employee focus required
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong desire to take ownership of the role
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software
- Represent Vertin with integrity, professionalism, initiative, and confidentiality