Vertin’s Talent Acquisition Specialist will support full lifecycle talent acquisition/recruitment and all facets of onboarding and offboarding associates. In order to help our organization attract top professionals in a competitive field, networking and outreach are important components of this role, as is coaching associates about recruiting best practices. As the first point of contact for applicants and hiring managers, you would demonstrate excellent communication and organization skills. This position requires a go-getter who is great with people and highly motivated to play a key role in supporting our growing company.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with HR Manager, VP of Administration, and leadership to understand and execute Vertin’s human resources and talent strategy as it relates to current and future talent needs, talent acquisition, retention, and succession planning
- Manage all Employee Referral requests and ensure payment through Payroll
- Manage all associates on the Tuition Assistance program (in pursuit of a Funeral Director career), tracking progress, reimbursements, school payments, required paperwork, etc.
- Serve as the point of contact for hiring managers on High School Outreach program
- Serve as the point of contact for industry networking coaching, assisting associates with creating a LinkedIn page and reminding internal leaders to share and repost Vertin postings (tracking activity)
- Maintain database of qualified funeral directors in our markets and cultivate relationships prior to open positions
- In partnership with operations, build and maintain a pipeline and database of talent, representing Vertin at networking events and building Vertin’s LinkedIn and social media networks
- Serve as the point of contact for all partner colleges and universities
- Coordinate all Vertin college activities with Operations leadership and maintain annual calendar of events
- Attend appropriate local/state/national industry events, job fairs, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date talent acquisition materials
- Manage the recruiting process
- Maintain weekly open position report and monthly key performance indicator report
- Coordinate and maintain all internal and external advertising personally or with Marketing
- Assist hiring managers with review of resumes, phone screening, and scheduling
- Provide active hiring managers with weekly status updates
- Provide ongoing and up-to-date communication with hiring managers
- Assist hiring managers with job requisitions, coach hiring managers on process, and partner with interviewers
- Serve as the first point of contact for all applicants
- Where applicable, arrange travel and coordinate candidate reimbursement
- Communicate with all applicants on a timely basis and throughout the process
- Coach hiring managers on interview agendas, providing a welcoming environment, etc.
Onboarding and Offboarding
- Serve as the point of contact for all new FT new hires, ensuring all paperwork and data entry is complete, the new hire’s questions are answered, and an onboarding plan has been received
- Partner with hiring managers to ensure a great onboarding experience
- Serve as the point of contact for all termed FT associates, ensuring all paperwork and data entry is complete and questions are answered
- Maintain knowledge of trends and best practices, as well as new technologies in talent acquisition/recruiting
- Serve as back-up for the HR Manager as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required. A minimum of five years of human resource and recruiting experience.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Represent Vertin with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent multitasking skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability and desire to follow up with others to help them be organized and stay on track
- Strong customer/employee focus required
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong desire to take ownership of the role
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software