LOCATION: Breckenridge, MN or Edina, MN
Vertin is seeking an Accounts Payable Associate who is enthusiastic about precise details and eager to contribute to a highly organized system. In this role, you would provide financial, administrative, and clerical support across our organization.
Primarily, this means ensuring that invoices are recorded accurately and paid within a timely manner, but it also means collaborating with the accounting team, communicating effectively with vendors, and providing a positive experience to all those you assist. In other words, we consider both aptitude and attitude to be indicators of success in this position.
TO APPLY: If you are interested in bringing your talents to the Vertin team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that W-9s are collected for all vendors.
- Ensure that vendors are properly and completely set up in the system and transactions are recorded appropriately to ensure the accuracy of all compliance reporting, including 1099s and purchases subject to Use Tax.
- Enter/process all vendor invoices, employee expenses, and credit card transactions.
- Ensure that appropriate support is provided and that approvals are provided when necessary.
- Accurately record the invoices to the proper gl/expense accounts and allocate invoices to location as necessary.
- Ensure that Use Tax is recorded properly when necessary.
- Make sure that discounts are taken when available and invoices are paid within the parameters of the organization’s payment policies.
- Work with vendors and company locations to resolve vendor invoice and payment disputes.
- Ensure that all vendor files are well-organized within Vertin and business best practices, including the vendor unpaid invoices and vendor paid invoices.
- Periodically run the accounts payable aging report and ensure support for all outstanding payables.
- Review with manager and explain any old outstanding payables.
- Ensure that the accounts payable sub-ledger ties to the general ledger.
- Annually, ensure the accurate and timely preparation and filing of 1099s.
- Help increase efficiency in processes and procedures.
- Be able to provide invoice support as necessary to the rest of the organization.
- Protect organization by keeping information confidential.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus. Previous experience preferred.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks, timelines, and projects
- Data entry skills
- Strong and precise attention to detail, and the ability to identify trends in data
- Aptitude for numbers
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis in financial/accounting systems, Microsoft Office and Excel