Vertin is looking for an innovative problem-solver and an astute decision-maker to lead our Strategic Asset Services team and advance the Vertin tradition of high-caliber asset management. This position provides leadership, coordination, and oversight of property and facility planning, design and construction, architectural and engineering services, remodeling projects, building and grounds maintenance, risk management insurance, and vehicle management for all Vertin facilities across seven states.
At Vertin, you have the support and the space you need to show us what you can do. We are committed to fostering a collaborative environment and helping each other thrive. In this role, you would emanate integrity, positivity, and dedication to our organization’s values.
If you are interested in bringing your talents to the Vertin team, email your cover letter and complete resume to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Physical Resources and Assets
- Develop and implement a 5-year and ongoing capital plan to address deferred maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Develop short- and long-range facility renovation and renewal goals in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Develop and implement a capital equipment inventory and maintenance system.
- Oversee and continuously improve day-to-day operations of department.
- Optimize internal and external customer value.
- Analyze current and future trends and needs and accurately assess functional responsibilities, competitive strengths, and vulnerabilities.
- Manage employee performance by establishing clear expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring timely feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of vehicles.
- Oversee ongoing research of available vehicles and make purchasing decisions.
- Oversee the development of a system that will anticipate the life and location of each vehicle.
Construction and Maintenance Leadership
- Develop conceptual plans, timelines, and budgets for capital construction projects.
- Direct and participate in the coordination of architecture and construction management proposals, bids, and projects.
- Coordinate all parties involved in the planning, design, value engineering and construction process, monitoring and reporting on all phases of planning and construction.
- Manage projects through oversight of remodeling, renovation and/or construction projects.
- Build and maintain a departmental structure and supportive management processes that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs.
- Participate with senior leadership in the development of a Master Facility Plan.
- Carry out construction activities within approved budgets, reconciling and monitoring all contract change orders.
- Lead project managers to ensure timelines, contract plans, specifications for compliance with appropriate building codes, and associated budgets are met.
- Support operations staff in planning and delivery of transition activities to new or renovated facilities.
- Analyze complex problems and lead individuals and groups in effectively developing and implementing successful resolution tactics.
Real Estate Management
- Manage negotiations with property owners to acquire land or real estate.
- Develop recommendations related to highest and best use of specific properties, including site acquisition, disposal, and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Apply and interpret real estate management contract administration, negotiation procedures, methods, techniques, regulations, and ordinances.
- Represent the organization as the single point of contact for real estate matters including acquiring, disposing, or leasing property.
- Create and maintain positive relationships within communities that have available land or real estate, attending community events, city council meetings, etc.
Business Planning and Financial Management
- Lead efforts to develop consistent policies and procedures involving purchasing and contract management.
- Prepare cost benefit analyses and proposals.
- Lead effort to develop a capital budget process at the location level up to finance.
- Prepare budget and reports, and financially counsel department staff.
- Meet or exceed established budget.
- Collaborate effectively with Information Technology, Finance, Administration, and Marketing to achieve goals, strategic objectives and initiatives, ensuring the locations receive the necessary support and services.
Risk Management and Business Insurance
- Develop and effectively manage a procurement strategy.
- Analyze current risk management program and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Design and direct the implementation of an overall risk management process.
- Direct the preparation of risk management and insurance budgets.
- Ensure all appropriate lines of insurance are in place prior to any work commencing.
- Oversee the recording and maintenance of insurance policies and claims.
Directly lead, supervise, and develop the Asset Services Coordinator, Project Manager, Sourcing Coordinator and support staff. Ultimately responsible for each employee in the Department. Maintain systems to measure and evaluate direct reports against established goals. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Vertin policies and management processes, and applicable laws; responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, reward and recognition, performance management, and termination. Working with Human Resources, develop strategies to retain top talent and contribute to learning and development programs. Ensure compliance of employee health and safety.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent in experience. Demonstrated experience in providing leadership, management and supervision of facilities services functions, including planning, management, grounds, and real estate management. Eight to ten (8-10) years of progressively responsible experience working in a facilities related environment with at least 5 years at the Manager level or above.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
- Ability to work, to develop professionally, and to adapt to challenges and changes within the fields of facilities services, inventory management, risk management, vehicle management, and asset management.
- Proven leadership experience and a demonstrated ability to work productively in a mid-size multi-location company environment.
- Ability to implement a planning framework and process for the overall department.
- Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully.
- Able to be persuasive and procure buy-in from others.
- Strong understanding of financial management, analysis, and reporting.
- Strong collaborative interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative problem-solver, a strategic thinker, and a reliable decision-maker.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, customer service, staff development, and safety.
- Ability to focus on the minutiae without losing sight of the big picture.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent strategic planning and implementation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.