At Digital Guru, every day is different. As an Installer, you would install, diagnose, repair, and maintain hardware and software components to ensure the smooth running of various audio, video, security, camera, and other technology systems for customers. You would work directly with our clients and become a trusted resource. This position
requires excellent problem-solving skills and a knack for understanding a wide variety of technology systems.
If that sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and configure hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components.
- Ensure electrical safety standards are met.
- Repair and replace damaged hardware.
- Upgrade systems to enable compatible software.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Perform tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new systems.
- Provide support to users and be the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Define software, hardware, and network requirements.
- Establish good relationships with all customers, clients, and colleagues.
- Manage technical documentation.
- Accurately follow Digital Guru operating policies and procedures, e.g., ticket system.
- Maintain service vehicles.
- Maintain equipment and install materials located in vehicles.
- Periodically check inventory and order install supplies as needed.
- Clean and maintain warehouse as needed.
- Use Internal Digital Guru Network Information for Customers and Distributors.
- Remotely log in to customers’ systems using Digital Guru Remote BOMGAR support.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Basic knowledge in computers and electronics is required. Degrees or certifications in the electrical or computer fields is a plus.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Proven experience as Install Tech or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentially required
- Understanding of installation principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations