As a Paramedic, you would provide Advanced Life Support to the ill and injured, utilizing all basic and advanced abilities and techniques. This position reports directly to the Paramedic Location Manager and would be an integral part of an established team of emergency medical professionals. Along with excellent decision-making and organization skills, the right candidate would care for others with the highest levels of compassion and empathy.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devises, intravenous fluids, CPR, and other procedures, equipment and medications as required to provide advanced medical care
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and patient safety
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keeping it clean and stocked for optimal call response
- Work collaboratively with all allied health and safety personnel
- Document patient information, condition, and treatment
- Maintain patient confidentiality and perform all care with respect for patient rights
- Transport patients in accordance with outlined policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-stocked environment for patients
- Operate and drive ambulance in conjunction with applicable safety policies and laws
- Provide basic life support and gather patient data
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
High school diploma or equivalent, current Paramedic licensure, current CPR certification, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and valid driver’s license are required. One year of experience in an emergency care setting is preferred.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Proven experience as Install Tech or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Possess a high level of compassion, integrity, and confidentiality for the people served
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform technical medical skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Understand and effectively deal with emotional and medical needs of patients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Microsoft Office, databases, and internet skills
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and make decisions
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to implement clinical care in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ability to exercise sound judgement while working in a stressful environment