We’re looking for a highly skilled, innovative IT technician who will help us maintain hardware and software components to ensure the smooth running of computer systems for our clients and customers.
This position offers variety, flexibility, and a relaxed work environment. At Digital Guru, we pride ourselves on custom solutions, so we need a candidate who believes there is more than one way to fix a problem. Creativity isn’t just allowed, it’s encouraged. And when it comes to the people you work with, there is always someone nearby to help you out, bounce ideas with, or talk to about the latest trends in tech.
If that sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and configure hardware and software components to ensure usability
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components
- Ensure electrical safety standards are met
- Repair and replace damaged hardware
- Upgrade systems to enable compatible software
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Install and upgrade antivirus software to ensure security at the user level
- Perform tests and evaluations on new software and hardware
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Provide support to users and be the first point of contacts for error reporting
- Define software, hardware, and network requirements
- Establish good relationships with all customers, clients, and colleagues
- Conduct daily backup operations
- Manage technical documentation
- Accurately follow Digital Guru operating policies and procedures, e.g., ticket system
- Document all customer information
- Organize company OneNote
- Onboard new employees.
- Ticket system profile creation
- Email account creation
- Domain profile creation
- In-person training for ticket etiquette, company processes and procedures, and fielding questions
- Manage company environment and employee settings for RepairShopr, PassPortal, Office 365
- Migrate companies to Office 365 Office and Email
- Research, test, and implement new products and services for resell
- Onsite assistance for contract customers regarding new product/service rollout
- System maintenance including server and product updates/upgrades
- System monitoring for incidents and responding appropriately
- Supervise lower level techs through active ticket reviews and fielding questions
- Create new processes and procedures for company efficiency while refining existing processes
- Maintain catalog of ‘Standard Operating Procedure’ documents in the company OneNote
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field a plus or equivalent in experience. Certification as IT
Technician also a plus.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentially required
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations